Kale Salad with Buddha Lemon Vinagrette
This was part of our February Feels. And it got me thinking about spring and our upcoming Gutsy Cleanse. To join our community for a spring detox and cleanse, check out the dets here.
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
FOR THE BUDDHA LEMON VINAIGRETTE
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Zest of 1 Buddha lemon (a Meyer lemon would be yummy too)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest and sugar in a small bowl; set aside.
- To assemble the salad, place kale in a large bowl; top with avocado, quinoa, pomegranate arils, pecans and goat cheese. Pour the dressing on top of the salad and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.