Soulful Salt Bath
This is part of our February Self Love sampling. Enjoy =) Seriously, get off your screen and get in a soothing soak. This is one of my favorite recipes.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups powdered milk (goat, cow, or buttermilk)
- 1/2 ounce lavender essential oil or any other fragrance you prefer
- Optional: 1 cup Epsom salts
- Optional: 1 cup sea salt
- Optional: 1/2 cup baking soda
How to Make It
- Measure out the milk powder.
- Add the Epsom and sea salts, and the baking soda if you are using these ingredients and mix well. I like to use a small whisk to break up any clumps.
- Add your choice of essential oil. Lavender, honey, almond, vanilla, mint, rose and other flowery and fruity fragrances work wonderfully.
- Scoop the milk mixture into a mason jar and seal.
- For your bath, add about half cup to briskly running bath water and enjoy!
This simple recipe is flexible and customizable to your own desires. Salts are included in the recipe, but they are optional -- the main point here is the milk. The salts help with the cleansing (sea salt), detoxifying (baking soda) and relaxing (Epsom). Include any or all of them as desired.